segunda-feira, 1 de setembro de 2014

The Simplicity of Communication

In a weekly meeting, the head of a global organization, with branches round the world, with his direct reports. He said to those in the room who report to him: "I want to make clear to everyone that the three critical things we need to get right are improving customer service, developing new business and reducing costs. I want everyone across the organization to be aware of these. Is that clear?" All those in attendance nodded their agreement. Unusually for a leader, however, he then said: "Oh, and by the way, as you know, I travel the world and visit your offices to see you all. When I next do this, as I walk through the office I will ask members of your staff at random how they are and what the three key things are that we need to focus on this year. I hope they will tell me what I have just told you; otherwise when I do get to your office what I say to you may not be welcome."

An example of how being clear and simple is the most effective way to communicate a message.


This text was adapted from the book "Lead to Succeed - Engaging, entrepreneurial, ethical and effective leadership.:  - Chris Roebuck - Wordscapes Ltd, London.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário